Snowblower Tips & Tricks
Snowblowing Tips & Tricks from Toro
- Don’t fight the wind. Whenever possible, point the chute downwind so that the wind helps you blow the snow.
- It is usually best to move up and down the length of a driveway, not perpendicular.
- In strong crosswinds, start on the upwind side and then work downwind:
- If little or no wind, first cut a path down the center of the driveway and then work in “circles” so that you can keep the chute throwing to one side. This pattern allows you to always throw snow to the right and reduces the need to change the direction of the chute:
- Throw snow as far into yard as possible. Throwing snow only to the edge of a driveway or walkway will lead to high snow banks and will make it more difficult to remove snow during the next snowstorm.
- Keep up with the snowfall. Most of the time, it is easier and faster to clear 6 inches of snow twice than 12 inches of snow once.
This is only a partial list. Please refer to your snowblower’s Operator Manual for all safety instructions.
- Keep the area clear. Make sure people, kids and pets are far away from area to be cleared of snow.
- Clear objects that might be under the snow. The morning newspaper or the dog chain love to hide on the driveway, buried under snow.
- Do not wear loose fitting clothing, such as scarfs or bulky jackets, that may get caught in the machine.
- Turn off the machine when stepping away from the operator position for more than a few seconds.
- NEVER use a hand or foot to clear clogged snow from the machine. If the chute is clogged, TURN OFF the engine, WAIT 10 SECONDS and then use the chute clean-out tool or a broom handle to remove the clog.
- Statuary/Fountains Find the finishing touches to any garden and yard right here!
- What's on Sale Everyone loves a good deal. Check out "What's on Sale" at MapleHill Nursery right now!
- What's New? New Items for Spring include Alfresco Home, Fernetto Two In One Smoker and Ovens and Napoleon Patio fire pits and more!
- Gift Cards Maple Hill Gift cards are a great way to make gift giving easier.
- Landscaping Ideas? At MapleHill Nursery we have everything to make your yard the best it can be!
- Power Equipment Maple Hill is an authorized dealer for Toro and Echo power equipment.
- Grills & Fire Pits Napoleon Patio flame fire pits. Come see the newest line at MapleHill for small intimate patio fires.